Sunday, September 17, 2006

Return to Online Poker



It had been around 2 months since I had played a minute of poker online. However, there is always this thought in the back of my head that I should be able to beat the online games as well as I do live games. I definitely know my strengths and weaknesses online in comparison to live play and, surprisingly, some of my greatest strengths of being a winning live player have never translated well for me to online play.

Live, I make most of my money playing limit cash games. Online, I cannot find the patience required to win at cash games. Maybe one day this will change, but for now I know this is a glaring weakness. Looking over my past results there has always been one huge success online, 6max sngs. In the past several days I have played 22 6max sngs and my ROI is an astounding 69% with a nice profit to match. I seem to have partially cracked to $100 SNGS on Stars, having 2 seconds and 1 first in 3 turbo 6maxs at that level and one second and one third for a break-even ROI in the non-turbos -- so, 5 $100 games and 4 ITM 1,2,2,2,3...not bad. I am debating depositing some money for an online bankroll sufficient for a run at the $100 games, but am still a bit hesitant given past runs of horridness. I think I'll build things a bit more at the $38s and go from there.

WCOOP is on, there is only one event of interest to me, the HORSE event...but, alas, I have to work on the date.

My recent 6max Sharkscope graph...I know I'm pretty impressed for now, although I need many more games to get a better feel, it seems the 6maxs are just perfect for my game.

No comments: