Thursday, October 05, 2006

A New Found Focus

Last month was my first losing month in a year. I won 1k in 2 days playing 6max sngs online and shot it all back in a few hours in a bad run at a 15 30 Omaha8 game online. I didn't play much live, but played terribly and lost about 1k in 2 awful sessions. I didn't play much poker last month and only ended down about 1k which is only a tiny portion of my bankroll. The good news is that I know why I played badly and I now have a new focus.

In the past 6 hours of online play I'm up $600 playing single table sngs. My ROI in 6max sngs over the last 100 games is an insane 50% and I just keep winning at them. I'm going to start putting in some 6-8 hour days playing exclusively 6max sngs on Stars and I'm going to start putting in the effort again to make it out for some 20 40 sessions at GBH. I'm also going to focus more on live NL play, playing some underground 5/5NL when I get a chance.

WPT Niagara is in town at the end of this month and I'm going to try and head down for some side games for a few days during the events.

2 comments:

j-tree said...

hey gta

less a comment than an introduction...

just moved to gta from san francisco and tracked you down thru some forums

bit of background...
not changing my business cards anytime soon but have been paying rent for few years playing mid-limit b&m in bay area...

so...looking for a club(s) in gta and figured you might be the one to ask...

looking for a joint with reasonable rake that spreads 10/20 to 20/40...not a fan of the baby nl ring games, don't have the br for big nl games but do like the odd mid-buy-in tourny or two...

any advice here would be great...

thx
j-tree

hopefully bump into you at the tables soon

Jurgo said...

hey, where do u play in Toronto? im looking for some 'safe' poker clubs.

ps
thebigfoot@gmail.com