Thursday, June 08, 2006

Feeling Certain


I've always had a lingering doubt in my mind as to whether or not I could be a consistent winning player. Over the last few days that doubt has gone away. I have found the games that work for me -- live cash games, online sngs, the occasional online MTT -- and focused on them for the past few months. My stats don't lie, I am a winning player. Now, it is just a matter of gradually moving up in limits. I haven't had a losing month this year and by focusing on the games that I like playing, by playing both live and online for variety and by playing only when I'm in the mood and cutting sessions short when I feel my wins going into lock-down mode, I have churned out a steady profit.

Just back from the Wed night hi/lo game -- up $335 in 4-5 hours.

So, for the month so far, 9-10 hours of live play +$535, a couple of days of online sngs +$750. Another good start to the month. Having played some $100 and $200 sngs last month, I realize that more profit is possible, but I need to slowly become more comfortable with risking more money online. For now, I feel a reasonable goal for the month is $2.5-$3k, we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Haddon said...

I'm completely impressed.
I hope the success continues.

D.Doe said...

Thanks Josh,

Still working on some things as you can see from the next post, but things are steadily rolling along.