Sunday, January 08, 2006

Table Selection Online


Often overlooked online, but you have so many tables of a given limit to play online that you should do your best to find a table that fits your game. Short-handed I generally prefer a passive table with maybe 1 aggressive maniac to bet my made hands for me. I think it's best not just to look at the numbers for a table before sitting, but to sit out the first 2 rounds and see what you think of the dynamics of the table. Of course, I didn't do any of this today and sat down at a surprisingly tough 5 10 6max table at Party where preflop there was alot of raising and 3 betting. This type of table can be very tough with unknown players when you first sit. I quickly lost $44 and sat elsewhere. I actually didn't feel much like playing 5 10 so I went over to SunPoker for some 3 6 and there were no games, so I sat at a great 2 4 table (I don't think there are any bad 2 4 tables anywhere, ever) and was quickly down $50 again -- after 1.5h I was up $74, then took some awful beats with AA and KK and quit even for the morning. Was really just killing some time before the gym.

Hmmm, I seem to have more terrible sessions at 2 4 than anywhere else, -$70, Also lost $35 after an hour and a half on Party tonight, they can't all be winning sessions. No tilt, no poor play, just didn't hit anything and it adds up.

B&M O8/Stud8 MTD = , YTD =
B&M LHE Cash MTD =, YTD =

Online LHEsh MTD =+$187, YTD =
Online 9 handed NLHE SNGS MTD =, YTD =

Online 6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = +$32US, YTD =
2Tabling 6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD =+$52US, YTD =

Rakeback = $13US
Bonus = $80US

Online MTD = +$364US ~~~~ YTD =
Live MTD = ~~~~ YTD =

No comments: