Monday, January 23, 2006

The Weakest Part of My Online Game



I'd have to say that the weakest part of my game involves playing when I don't really feel like it. This is especially true for MTTs. Sometimes I will register to play a game I really like, say PLO8 + Rebuys. I forget that these games take hours to play and by the time I'm an hour in I feel like I want to be doing something else.

I did the same thing last night multitabling $20 hu sngs. I won a PLO8 in 10mins, then pulled up another along with the original stud8 I was playing. Ended up losing the 2ng PLO8, which was fine, but then the Stud 8 was up to 1.5h and I had other things to do so I pushed and lost.

This doesn't tend to happen too often live. In general if you drive to a game you mostly feel like playing. Although there are exceptions, like the Westside TOC.

Next month I'll be making a playing schedule, mostly 3 6 or 5 10 multitabling on Party with a few sessions for sngs, etc. This will likely help with the above.

Anyhow, $11 PLO8+R on Stars this AM. I wemt in with the intention of gambling early to amass some chips. Well, that didn't work and before I know it I'm in for 4 rebuys and an add-on. Hand't played an Omaha rebuy for a while. The best strategy for these isn't actually to gamble early, but to pick-off the gamblers and play tight. Well, NOW I remember. So, I'm in for $61 with an average stack at the break. I'm playing tight and aggressive after the break, not getting much to play at all.

I make it to 23/113 and bust to a 2 outer for a scoop on the river...not going well in these lately, first was 1.2k, 18 places paid, but I wanted top 3 and was wayyyyyy down. Lose to a 20:1 shot to double through, great.

I was bored during this game because I didn't feel like playing 45mins in, so I opened up a $52 HU PLO8 that I also didn't have the patience for, -$52.

So, like I said, I really have to work on this situation for next month. I think it will be better playing a regular schedule of cash games and mixing in some live play.

B&M O8/Stud8 MTD , YTD
B&M LHE Cash MTD , YTD

Online HU MTT (all games) MTD -$33, YTD
Online HU Matches (all games) MTD -$56, YTD

Online MTT MTD -$137, YTD
Online MTT SATs MTD -$39, YTD

Online Stud8 SNGs, MTD +$8, YTD

Online Omaha8 SNGs MTD +$102, YTD

Online 5&6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD +$49, YTD
Online 9 handed NLHE SNGS MTD +$215, YTD

Online shO8 MTD +$11, YTD
Online LHEsh MTD -$435, YTD


Rakeback $21US
Bonus $90US

Online MTD -$187US ~~~~ YTD

No comments: