Friday, December 02, 2005

Live Poker


Wanted to play 10 20, but couldn't find a game for certain, so combined with the weather I went to the best 4 8 1/2 kill game that I know of...The Office.

Arrived at 1230am, had to wait 2 hours to play. Played for 3h and won $100, 3.5bb/h.

Sat down to find 33 in my BB, flop QJ3, 2 hearts...getting reraised by tight utg player, thinking JJ or QJ, ends up having KQ, big pot. 2nd band my sb I find red JJ. Calling station, who will also bet any pair (strange combination, I know), but will never bet a draw or reraise, etc...is betting a ATX flop og all diamonds, I know my diamond will be good if it comes, it doesn't but the pot is large enough at the river that I have to pay off with 2nd pair. This guy can bet a ten through, so it's a percentage call. Take down another big pot early with KQ on a KQx flop, then it's pretty quiet the rest of the night(well, only played 3 hours), and my early +$150 gets whittled down to +$100. I told myself that if I get to +$200 when I do play this game here and there I will generally lock it up, but never got there.

I'm playing disciplined, positional poker which can be hard to do in these low limit loose games. I layed down 2 winners, not always a bad sign. One on the flop and one preflop.

First laydown I have 88 UTD and limp in. Surprisingly, folded all the way to the sb who raises, BB calls (BB will call with anything here, he i s tilting, but can play well after the flop...usually will not raise with me in the hand without a HUGE hand...I also find out later that he got rivered hard by the sb a few times earlier that night and he takes things personally). Sooooooo, flop is 743 rainbow. SB bets, BB raises...now usually this would be telling me he flopped the straight, 2 pair or a set, and I'm also worried about sb having a bigger pair. BB takes it down with J7 off, oh well. I don't mind that laydown in this situation with these given players.

Second laydown I'm not too sure how I feel about. UTG has not played a hand for 4 orbits or so and raises UTG...6-7 callers and I have KQo in the SB and muck. I would call with 56s in this position, but KQo has too many ways of being dominated here. Of course flop is KQQ. Would have been an ok pot. I call right away with KQs, but not sure about the fold there. Obviously worried about AA, KK, QQ, AK from UTG. Turns out it was checked around on the flop, then checked on the turn by the raised and taken down my a single turn bet when someone paired the turn card. Very strange hand.

B&M O8/Stud8 MTD =
B&M Tournies MTD =
B&M NLHE Cash MTD =
B&M LHE Cash MTD = +$100CDN
Online O8shMTD =
Online LHEshMTD =
Online MTT MTD =
Online Satellites =
Online PLO8 SNGs MTD = -$64US
Online Stud8 SNGs MTD = -$50US
Online HU NLHE SNGs MTD = +$14US
Online HU O8 SNGs MTD =
Online 9 handed NLHE Multitable SNGS MTD =
Online 9 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = +$35
Online 6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD =

Online MTD = -$65US~~~~ Live MTD = +$100CDN

No comments: