Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Trying Some $119s Again, OK Turbos Suck...Never Again


$119 6 handed sng on stars, third. Lost a coinflip for third. These are turbos, I'm taking a shot at a few, but don't love the format. If I lose 2 in a row I'm off to UB for some $100 6 handeds there.

3rd again, lost a coinflip again. Played one hand poorly -- raised UTG with KJo 3 handed, mini reraise from SB and I call, this guy is tight. J hi flop he bets 2/3 pot I call, small bet on turn and checked river, he shows AA....BAD PLAY.

One more try....lost another coinflip...4th.

Oh well, took a shot at these, I don't like them they just become card catching contests as the blinds go up too fast...won't try these again. I'm pretty much dont with sngs on Stars, I know I can with 1k or so a month playing them, but to progress higher I have to play turbos which are too much of a crapshoot...time to play elsewhere.

Playing online, I'm not trying to make money right now, just building up a bit every month and looking for somewhere to move up. So, losing my winnings for the month is a pretty high risk right now. I'm not happy making $1k a month online, I need to find games at higher limits that I am comfortable playing with the goal of winning $2k-$3k a month. I'm heading back to short handed holdem cash games for now, see how things go there. I'll start at 5 10 and move to 10 20 if things are going well. January I'm back to live 10 20 and 15 30 cash games, but I would really like to find some bigger games that I like to play online. There's no doubt that I can regularly beat the $38 6 handed sngs on stars, but it just becomes a waste of time after a while...maybe multitabling sngs is the answer, I'm not sure. Still working things out for now. I don't feel like I can beat the turbo 6 handed sngs consistantly, the players are a bit better (some are actually worse), but mostly there is too much gamble in the turbo structure.


B&M O8/Stud8 MTD = +$100CDN
B&M Tournies MTD = -$160CDN
B&M NLHE Cash MTD = -$300CDN
B&M LHE Cash MTD = +$100CDN
Online O8shMTD =
Online LHEshMTD = +$7US
Online MTT MTD = -$33
Online HU MTT MTD = -$22
Online MTT Shootouts MTD = +$7US
Online Satellites =
Online Satellite Steps = -$24US
Online Cash Steps = -$84US
Online PLO8 SNGs MTD = +$54US
Online Stud8 SNGs MTD = -$30US
Online HU NLHE SNGs MTD = -$7US
Online HU O8 SNGs MTD =
Online HU Stud SNGs MTD = -$21
Online 9 handed NLHE Multitable SNGS MTD =
Online 9 handed NLHE SNGS MTD =
Online 6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = -$60US

Rakeback = +$31US
Bonus = +$120US

Online MTD = -$51US ~~~~ Live MTD = -$260CDN

No comments: