Saturday, September 03, 2005

Finding My Game Online


I can't stand full table ring online, never enjoyed it. I think it is a mistake to try and make money at a game I don't enjoy. This sunk in after my Absolute experience.

Bad run at 6 handed NLHE sngs, losing huge pots 3 handed 3 times today when going all in ahead...oh well, I still love those 6 handed games. Lost 3 $33 buy-ins there. I'm on a terrible run.

Now, short-handed O8 is a game I love, but hardly ever materializes in the real world. I decided to give Absolute 1 more shot after an email from their support. Found a 2 handed O8 table and played for af ew minutes, up a bit and the game broke. Sat in a 3/4 handed 3 6 game and it actually lasted an hour. Up 25bb in an hour...nice I can win online once in a while. Just some awful shorthanded O8 players out there. Problem is, it's tough to find a shorthanded O8 game online that doesn't either fill quickly or break quickly. Have to scout some sites for games. Saw a nice 5 10 6 handed table on stars with $200+ pots...have to try that game soon.

So the plan is to now try playing sh O8 online for a bit and see how it goes. Starting at lower limits (3 6 to 5 10) to see how things go and then hopefully jumping up to 10 20 if I'm winning.

Going to stay away from the undergrounds for a bit, too much smoke and too low limits for me right now...well I did hear about a 10 20/15 30 game close to my home that I may go try out this weekend. I do want to establish a game I like and win at online though.

Have to download a party skin and get a rakeback going.

1h +25bb/h

No comments: