Friday, September 30, 2005

First Month Summary, Success!


So, my first month experimenting with Omaha h/l shorthanded online is over. I averaged over 2-3bb/h, or $24/100h at limits ranging from 1 2 to 3 6, not a bad start.

I love Absolute poker, it's a great site. I'm getting a good rakeback there and am still working through bonuses, they offer deposit bonuses every weekend it seems. I just wish they had some higher limit games going, it's hard to justify moving to stars at the moment with no rakebacks allowed and no bonuses to clear.

Didn't play much live poker this month, concentrating more on working my way up online at the moment.

On the negative side, I've played on Eurobet for the past 2 days and have yet to win more than 3 hands there, that's not very good in a 3 handed game. I need to start winning there as they offer bigger games on a regular basis.

Blew some money playing games I don't really enjoy much anymore (online sngs), but the main focus is the success at Omaha over the month, so the overall total isn't great but the low limit start has been successful -- will just stick to O8sh cash games online next month and some live cash and tournaments.

Going to play a charity event on Sunday in Markham, should be fun. Being organized by witchdoctorpoker.com and The West Side Poker Club.

Monthly stats from Absolute Poker, where almost 100% of my Omaha was played:

Session Games: 4151
Games Won: 31%
Showdowns Won: 72%
Flops Seen: 57%
Win% if flops seen: 55%
Fold (23.73%), Check (28.92%), Call (27.71%), Raise (2.20%), Reraise (1.49%)
Folding: Preflop (49.14%), Flop (16.63%), Turn (8.19%), River (4.57%), No fold (21.46%)

Not much raising or reraising, but I like to see alot of flops cheap shorthanded and decrease the variance by keeping it cheap preflop and letting people draw to lows and other hands with inappropriate odds. Maybe I'm not maximizing my big hands preflop, but I feel raising with what I consider monsters should only be done in late position to sweeten the pot and keep people in. Despite what I've read about short omaha, I prefer tossing hands like KKxx rather than raising them to shorten the field, or limping on the button with them when I know the blinds are tight to try and flop a monster scooping hand.


Month summary, including rakebacks and bonuses:

Online O8shMTD = + $995US
B&M O8/Stud8 MTD = - $160CDN
B&M Tournies MTD = -$120CDN
B&M NLHE Cash MTD = +$250CDN
Online MTT MTD = -$22US
Online SNGs MTD = -$164US


Total = + $809 US, - $30 CDN

No comments: