Saturday, November 12, 2005

Finally Some Live Poker


I've been pretty lazy about getting to live games lately, mostly it's that there are no games I want to play within 30 minutes of my place. So, I went to play a $75 NL tourny last night, were supposed to be 2-3 tables, but there ended up being only 10 players so we played a $100 freezout. Placed 3rd. 3 left and I have 5k or so, weak player has 5k or so, decent player has 40k or so. My BB weak players makes it 1200 to go, chip leader calls, I see black 7s and push, knowing thet the chip leader respects to fears my play, so I will likely be heads up with the weak player. He thinks and calls with QJo, leader folds and shows JTs. Puts me a bit more ahead..A23 with 2 clubs, A23J with 3 clubs, blank and I'm out (obviously he had no clubs). I went in with the best hand and lost. After the hand I still am not sure if I liked how I played it/ I pushed to get in heads up with a medium PP, and there was a good chance that they'd both fold. If it was just the weak player and me I would have called and pushed on any bluffable flop (ie one paint card), which A23 definitely was. The problem is I needed the chip leader out, and I wanted 1st so I needed to double up at some point. So ended up getting my money back for third, could have made $450 if I won that coinflip.

Tournament was at the new Airport Club and had a fantastic structure, 5000 chips with 25 50 blinds going up slowly every 20 minutes.

I'm starting to be more of a tournament player, some of the underground tournaments have great structures and have an incredible amount of dead money.

Rooms with great tournament structures that I've played to date: Airport Club, Training Room, West Side Poker Club (although blinds got big fast near the end). Have to try out the River Room and see what the game is like there.

Have to examine my heads-up plpay in the 6 handed sngs lately. Just played one and placed second. Got heads up a bit short, but still lots of play, blinds 75 150. Opponent is very aggressive, so I'm looking to trap. Pick up AQ0 and limp, he makes in 450 to go, I push (like 3k in chips). He shows 88 and flops a set. Now, this isn't my game. If the blinds were alot larger I'd not have any problem with my play, AQ is a monster heads up. But in this situation, I think I could have outplayed this guy by seeing more flops. It was too soon to push a coinflip. Although, he would have likely called with and dominated ace as well, so the odds were in my favour...still not sure I like the play.

B&M O8/Stud8 MTD = 0
B&M Tournies MTD = 0
B&M NLHE Cash MTD = +$0
Online O8shMTD = -$65US
Online LHEshMTD = +$183US
Online MTT MTD = -$36US
Online Satellites = 0
Online PLO8 SNGs MTD = +$110US
Online Stud8 SNGs MTD = 0
Online HU NLHE SNGs MTD = +$19US
Online HU O8 SNGs MTD = +$9US
Online 9 handed NLHE Multitable SNGS MTD = +$30US
Online 9 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = $-27US
Online 6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = -$169US

Online MTD = +$54US ~~~~ Live MTD = +$0

No comments: