Sunday, November 13, 2005

Playing Great Poker


Training Room $60 + Rebuy, 45-50 players.
Rebuy right away, 4000 in chips. Pretty tight table, one strong player on my left, one completely clueless calling station 2 to my left, 1 other decent player at the table. All the rest average, I play my cards and don't make any moves type players. I'm playing great in the rebuy period, raising lots of hands, stealing lots of small pots. Involved in a big pot with the calling station. I raise his SB with T9 clubs in the cutoff (BB is post and fold), good player on the button folds, SB calls as expected. glop Kxx 2 flush he checks, I bet 2/3 the pot he calls...ok I guess he has a pair or more likely a flush draw. Turn completes the flush on board, check check. River puts a 4th spade out, I have ten high no spade, he checks the 4k or so pot and I go all in for 3.5k. He thinks a long time and calls with AQo, Q spades. Ok, I double rebuy, I know I'm the strongest player at the table, turn 4k into 15k before the 1hour break, add on and I'm at 19k. Build it to 30k or so then down to 3 tables.

Off to the final table with only 19k, top stacks over 100k, I need to make a move, 5 pay money, top 3 are all I want 2.8k, 1.2k, 700 or something like that. Final table consists of good player to my right, good player 2 to my right, ok player on my left who only plays her cards but is solid, 4-5 clueless players and one very tight player 3 to my right. I'm short, I want first, I need to steal with position and try and double up when able.

Blinds 2k 4k. First hand I play is my BB. Weakest player at the table by far limps in EP, folded to good sb player who calls, I look down at 64o. I have 15k left and there is 12k out there. I have a good read on EP as weak, and good player likely would have raised to get it heads-up with a decent hand. So, all-in and I take the pot as I thought. Ok now have 31k or so. Same orbit blinds now 3k 6k, I have 24k left. QQ UTG+1. Raise all in and am praying for a caller. Really tight but not so good player on the button debates a long time, so I put him on AQ or TT, JJ. I want a call. He calls and shows AJs. I'll take that. Turns a flush and I'm out. I double on that hand and I have enough chips to steal constanlty from the 4 tight players on my left and possibly make it all the way to first. That hurt.

8th/45-50 players.

Weakest, clueless player ends up winning getting hit by the deck. Honestly the final few players did not take advantage of his play enough, but he hit the cards and won. What could have been, maybe next time. Been a long time since I missed a final table, I'm playing great poker.

Training Room -- great tournament. Has a 10 20 game after, but my head was too tired to play. Saw some definite dead money there and will try that game out in the near future.

B&M O8/Stud8 MTD = 0
B&M Tournies MTD = $-180CDN
B&M NLHE Cash MTD = +$0
Online O8shMTD = -$65US
Online LHEshMTD = +$183US
Online MTT MTD = -$97US
Online Satellites = 0
Online PLO8 SNGs MTD = +$110US
Online Stud8 SNGs MTD = 0
Online HU NLHE SNGs MTD = +$19US
Online HU O8 SNGs MTD = +$9US
Online 9 handed NLHE Multitable SNGS MTD = +$18US
Online 9 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = $-27US
Online 6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = -$207US

Online MTD = -$57US ~~~~ Live MTD = -$180CDN

No comments: