Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Why I Shouldn't Play MTTs Online (with fields > 200 players)


I just don't have the patience. I find tournaments with more than 200 players online incredibly boring.

That said, I played A $11+R PLO8 tourney on Stars and had maybe 10 playable hands the whole game, finished just inside the money 17th/100+ players.

Played the $22 HU NLHE tourney on Stars, which is now 256max from 128max. After easily winning the first round I realized how tired I was while I sat and waited over 40 minutes for round 2 of potentially 8 rounds. I played crappy and lost. Should not have entered. I'll have to play this sometime when I'm up for it, the competition is crap and first is now over $1.5k.

Played some sngs, generally did well. Nothing big, only $38s and lower lately.

Just finished another $38 6 handed. I played perfectly and got 2nd. As chip leader heads-up called an all-in with A9, he shows 75s, flop 877. Then I slopwplay 88 on the button, flop 652, I push as chip leader again and he shows 35 for a pair and a gutshot, 9 outs with 2 cards to come and I'm ahead roughly 60:40, river 3. Ended up losing when short-stacked and gambling to double-up. Won some money, but first was mine..how things have been for a bit.

B&M O8/Stud8 MTD = 0
B&M Tournies MTD = +0
B&M NLHE Cash MTD = 0
Online O8shMTD = -$65US
Online LHEshMTD = +$183US
Online MTT MTD = -$36US
Online Satellites = 0
Online PLO8 SNGs MTD = +$59US
Online Stud8 SNGs MTD = 0
Online 9 handed NLHE Multitable SNGS MTD = +$30US
Online 9 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = $-27US
Online 6 handed NLHE SNGS MTD = -$281US

Online MTD = -$137US ~~~~ Live MTD = 0

No comments: